The Blough-Weis Library will be closed for renovation and book reclassification for the entire summer, including both the intensive and regular summer school sessions. Although the building will be inaccessible to patrons for safety concerns, please know that the library staff will be offering the following limited services to minimize the effects of the disruption.
From May 10, 2014 through the conclusion of the renovation, the library will operate as follows:
• Contact Number. The library’s main phone number, 570-372-4319, will be available from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, for the duration of the renovation. Please use this number for research help and for assistance in acquiring resources. Some librarians will be working during the summer and are best reached at their individual email addresses for non-urgent requests.
• Online Resources. All online library services (databases, catalog, etc.) will remain available and will operate normally, with one or two brief interruptions, which will be announced well beforehand.
• Books and Videos. Susquehanna’s books and videos will not be available during the renovation. However, Susquehanna University students, faculty, and staff may borrow books through our interlibrary loan services. Books may take five business days or more to arrive. Books will be delivered to faculty members in their offices, and to students at the Information Desk in the Degenstein Campus Center. The interlibrary loan request form is at: http://www.susqu.edu/library/19210.asp. Please be sure to return all books promptly by their due dates at the Information Desk in the Degenstein Campus Center.
• Print Journals and Microforms. Print format journals, microforms, and microform readers will not be available during the summer. Copies of articles not available through our electronic subscriptions may be ordered through interlibrary loan. A complete list of the library’s journal subscriptions is available at: http://sfxhosted.exlibrisgroup.com/susqu/az
• Book Orders. The library staff will accept book order requests via the GOBI system and through our online forms during the renovation at http://www.susqu.edu/library/19240.asp. However, orders will not be placed until the conclusion of the reclassification project, sometime in July.
• Reserves. Requests to put books, CDs and DVDs on reserve for the fall semester will be accepted after August 1, 2014.
• Computer Labs. Students who normally study or work on projects in the library will have other campus locations available to them. Apfelbaum and Fisher Hall, for example, have many study rooms; Starbucks lounge, with its study space and wireless access, is another appealing option. The computer lab on the lower level of Degenstein is open 24/7.
We apologize for any inconvenience our summer closure may cause but we thank you for your patience and cooperation as we make important and exciting enhancements to the library building and services.